So thankful that God see's the Big picture of our lives and knows every curve ball, strike or homerun that we will be thrown. He alone knows when we will cry tears of sadness,experience bursts of joy and happiness and the days that He will carry us because our own strength will not be enough. So thankful we have that promise of His help and strength! If you are going thru something today that seems just too much for you to bear, remember that if you let Him, Jesus will carry you and give you the strength you need to make it thru. His strength is perfect when our strength is gone, He'll carry us when we can't carry on! Thank-you Jesus for that promise and for the times in our lives when we have been 'carried' by you!
May we share some needs with you to help us pray about? When we look at these financial needs, the current economic situation of low un-employment and uncertainty make them seem impossible. However we know that God LOVES to work in impossible situations for His honor and glory! We know that God has called us to Haiti to minister and serve there and that where He guides, He always provides! So, keeping that in mind, we want to share the following concerns with you:
1. A work trip is planned for Dec. 10th-17th for Danny,our Regional Director and 7 other men. These men will be doing the cabinetry in our kitchen and bathrooms, hooking up the plumbing and getting our house ready for us to move into in January. $1,500 is needed to cover this trip for the food and transportation expenses while they are in country. We are so thankful that they are willing to come and get our house ready as we are beyond ready to move into our own home!
2. We have had to re-new our 4 children's passports to the tune of $420. This cost comes out of our monthly support and causes us to have a tight month living on the $2,000 a month support we receive.
3. As of right now, we are scheduled to fly back to Haiti on Jan. 14th. We need finances to fund this and to cover the cost of shipping the rest of our belongings. Missionary Flights International charges $1.50 a pound for all items shipped.
4. We spoke about the desperate need for an inverter in our last Oct. newsletter. Having an inverter will mean that we can have more consistent power to run our few appliances and our kids will be able to keep their dvd players charged so they can do their schoolwork. An inverter will collect the power while the generator is running and when we shut off the generator then the inverter kicks in. This will save us a lot of money in the long run and is a better and wiser way to run our power system. Cost to get this going is $5,000. To break down this cost, the inverter itself is $2,500. The batteries for this system cost $160 a piece and we need 12-16 to run it efficiently.
5. Lastly, the immediate need remains for a vehicle for our family when we move to Grande Riviere. We have had lots of interest in teams coming to visit, work and minister and we will have to hire a tap-tap's services to get everyone around in. Paying for a tap-tap will get expensive over time. We have a Vehicle Fund that we are working on raising $26,000 to buy a KIA 1 ton 4x4 truck in Haiti. Buying new is the wisest way to get a vehicle as used ones are in too bad of condition and shipping one in will be very high as customs can charge up to 80% of the vehicle's worth in fees to us! Plus, they may hold it for as long as they wish and we may never get it out of customs.
Thank-you for helping us pray about these BIG needs. We know that we have a BIG God who will meet them in His time and we are excited to watch how He will do it! Perhaps He wants to use you and your obedience. One thing we know for sure is that we cannot out-give God and He has many blessings that He is waiting to pour out on those who are obedient to His leading! Trust and Obey is the only way to be happy in Jesus!
As always all donations are tax-deductible with Hope International Missions.
FYI: We are receiving mail at our IN address until end of Dec. if anyone wants to send us a Christmas card. PO Box 62 Craigville, IN 46731